I cannot believe that July is here already! It seems like May just came and went, and then June was here and all of a sudden it's July! Unbelievable. I am so excited, though, because summer is my favorite.
1. I love a good summer afternoon adventure. Now we have a little one with join in the fun! Taking her on outings is such a blast! Last weekend we took her to Alki Beach and I took a bunch of photos of Lucy with her Dad.
2. I love anything cooked on a grill. Matt recently bought a mini BBQ for our back porch and we've already used it several times for hamburgers and grilled corn on the cob.
3. I love taking Lucy swimming. We do swim lessons once a week on Tuesday nights, and have since she was six months old. She loves the water! I have recently been enjoying visiting the wading pool at Green Lake. It is shallow enough that she can play by herself with her toys and I can relax on the edge.
4. I love early morning summer runs. It is too hot to run during the afternoon, but I do love running in the early morning before it is hot! After my half marathon I have been taking it pretty slow, but I plan to start doing long runs again soon.
5. I love summer food. Renae posted about this yesterday, and man it made me hungry! I've recently been enjoying summer fruits, such as bluberries and nectarines.
6. I love iced coffee and tea. I admit I've been visiting Starbucks way to often lately for their Oprah Chai! Too delicious.
7. I love that it stays light so late. This may be a super obvious reason, but I do not like to take this extra light for granted. For just about half the year, it is already dark when I leave work! In the summer it is nice that the days are nice and long.
There are many other reasons that I love summer...the hot sunshine...sparkling water...getting wet...ice cream...popsicles...4th of July...the list can go on and on. This summer I plan to live life to the fullest by getting outside a lot and enjoying my little family. Anyone else love summer as much as I do? (Everyone, yes!) Tell me what you love about summer!